Position: BIM Manager - ARCHICAD
This position will require and primarily use ARCHICAD. Strong computer, technical and communication skills are essential and required. Due to the collaborative nature of coordination using BIM tools, candidate must also have the ability to seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other project team members and consultants. Experience with AutoCAD and IFC workflow are mandatory also.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
· Work on ARCHICAD and manage others input on the same. Receive and manage multiple subcontractor models.
· Create, maintain and analyze model for presentation, layout, and coordination purposes.
· Review and document design document and coordination conflicts.
· Run and analyze clash detection on model.
· Communicate conflicts in model; both real and potential.
· Prepare and distribute clash reports to facilitate the coordination process.
· Assign, strategize, and facilitate sign off and submittal of coordinated work areas.
· Meet with designers and help provide required presentations and models.
· Create models including interior and exterior architectural elements.
· Coordinate with BIM service providers and Sub-consultants.
· Compile contract BIM close out documentation.
· Provide and tabulate schedules from model as required.
· Manage and facilitate 3D-printing.
· Understanding of design and document coordination.
· Knowledge of construction nomenclature and techniques (means and methods).
· General understanding of various building types.
· Good communication and training skills (verbal and written).
· Strong teaching and coaching skills to bring new team members up to speed.
· Ability to communicate the benefits of BIM, both for internal and external purposes.
· Passion about BIM and how it can be used to improve the productivity of those who work in design and construction.
Objectives or Goals to measure performance:
· Keep current and standardized BIM files with all team members well-coordinated.
· Timely and accurate preparation distribution of information to team members.
· Improve personal professional growth and education.
· Demonstrate positive team attitude and interpersonal effectiveness.
· Update software batches and ensure all team members are following standards.
· Train and update team members and sub-consultants on best practices, fitting with current softwares versions.
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture.
· Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility working in BIM environment and in an architectural firm.
· A thorough understanding of all building systems and construction methods.
Send your CV to : email@example.com
PAD10 is an inter-disciplinary design practice focused on architecture, graphic design, and creative publishing. PAD10 has a wide array of experience in visual and spatial communications, where both work in unison rather than in mutually exclusive spheres.
Established in 2009, PAD10 operates from Kuwait City and Beirut (PAD7). PAD10’s core belief is that each project and client are distinct in the challenges they pose, leading to unique interpretations and breeding inimitability to the project‘s program and form. A rigorous understanding of the cultural surroundings, the programmatic pragmatics, and the client’s agenda form the framework within which the project is generated, with multiple iterations at work.
The projects, from small scale logotypes to large scale masterplans, share a rigorous process and dialogue with the client, interpreted into a unique experience that holds prejudice towards no criteria, except that of expected formalism. The interface with the client, the political makeup, the economic infrastructure, and the social superstructure are enrolled in the process to generate a unique outcome.
Founded by Naji Moujaes, an award-winning architect, PAD10 and PAD7 have been an extended experimental platform to many rigorous and creative minds with multi-disciplinary backgrounds, ranging from copy writers, to architects and graphic designers. Working inter-disciplinarily, the visual and the spatial expressions of projects weave seamlessly to craft a richer client’s experience.