Arch Inc. Architects Engineers Designers- Bahrain
An architect works in the construction industry designing new buildings and the spaces around them, working closely with users, clients and officials to make sure that projected designs match the needs of these groups.
Architects work on new buildings, develop groups of buildings in area regeneration projects, design alterations to existing buildings, and advise on the restoration and conservation of old properties.
On every project, architects work closely with other professionals, including engineers and surveyors, to make sure that their buildings meet the necessary standards. They also work closely with construction specialists on site and oversee projects from beginning to end.
Typical work activities
Architects are involved from the earliest stages of a building project, from site selection through to completion. They remain actively involved throughout each project as their ideas and plans are turned into reality. They work closely with contractors on site, ensuring that works are carried out to specific standards and that any problems that arise are quickly resolved.
Archicad operators should have the capacity to create training classes as when required.
Typical work activities include:
· Consulting with other professionals about the design of an environment;
· Preparing and presenting design proposals to the client;
· Using IT in design and project management, specifically software packages such as ArchiCad, Auto Cad , Rivit, Sketch Up, 3D Max etc.;
· Advising the client on the practicality of their project;
· Keeping within financial budgets and deadlines;
· Producing detailed drawings from which costings are made;
· Preparing tender applications and presentations;
· Negotiating with contractors and other professionals;
· Preparing planning applications;
· Coordinating the work of contractors;
· Making site visits to check on progress and ensuring that the project is running within the agreed timescale;
· Solving problems that might occur during building;
· Carrying out defect inspections.
Through all these activities, architects need an understanding of the complex processes of design and construction to build socially and ecologically sustainable cities and communities.
Interior Designer or Spatial Designer
An interior and spatial designer is involved in the design or renovation of internal spaces, including structural alterations, furnishings, fixtures and fittings, lighting and colour schemes. Designs and feasibility studies are produced for commercial, leisure and domestic properties, and the designer oversees the project from beginning to end.
Interior/spatial designers work in a range of different commercial or domestic settings. The job combines the efficient and functional use of space with an understanding of aesthetics. Some designers, particularly in the domestic market, are concerned solely with the appearance, rather than the structure, of the interior.
Typical work activities
Projects may take place in a range of settings:
· Office spaces and industrial premises;
· Retail locations, e.g. shops, cafes, forecourts;
· Leisure spaces, e.g. hotels, cinema foyers, holiday complexes;
· Residential developments;
· Domestic properties;
· Museums and civic buildings.
· Typical work activities include:
· Acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and setting project schedules;
· Understanding individual clients' needs, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and establishing final briefs;
· Considering materials and costs according to set budgets and negotiating project fees;
· Conducting feasibility studies for projects;
· Researching and gathering information and photographs relating to the project ;
· Producing 'sample' or 'mood' boards for presentation to clients;
· Sourcing products and providing samples for clients;
· Preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes, often using computer-aided design (CAD) software such as Archicad, Autocad etc;
· Surveying buildings;
· Working in a team with other designers;
· Supervising work at the design stage and on-site;
· Working closely with quantity surveyors to establish costs and work schedules on larger projects, with architects to determine the best use of space, and with manufacturers and contractors;
· Identifying new business and selling services to potential clients;
· Keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented, energetic Intermediate Designer/Job Captain who will be responsible for participation in all phases of project development from conceptual design through construction documents and construction administration.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited architectural program
- 3-6 years experience working in an architectural firm
- Excellent conceptual design, spatial sense, and compositional skills
- Preparation of both presentation and working drawings with experience in detailing and material/finish specification (Type V)
- Efficient coordination with consultants /engineers and strong management skills
- High-level proficiency with Archicad, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, etc. is required
- Knowledge of current codes, preferably San Francisco Building and Planning Codes
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- We are looking for someone smart, motivated, and fun who can work both independently and as a member of a team. Our studio is open, collaborative, and supportive
A quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Surveyors seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Many of these are specified by statutory building regulations, which the surveyor needs to understand and adhere to.
A quantity surveyor may work for either the client or the contractor, working in an office or on site. The title of the job may also be referred to as a construction cost consultant or commercial manager.
Typical work activities
Typical tasks may include:
- Managing costs on a wide variety of new building projects and structures, such as residential developments, sports stadiums, roads and bridges, schools, hospitals, offices and factories;
- Undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk and value management and cost control;
- advising on procurement strategy;
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities;
- Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analyzing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Areas requiring more specialized knowledge include:
- Offering advice on property taxation;
- Providing post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life cycle costing advice;
- Assisting clients in locating and accessing additional and alternative sources of funds;
- Enabling clients to initiate construction projects;
- Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to
strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• University degree or college diploma in the field of Construction Management …….
• 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Strong familiarity with project management software
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Customer service skills an asset.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
• • Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
CONSULTING OPERATIONS MANAGER
Arch Inc., a nationally recognized Design & Consulting firm located in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, is seeking an experienced Architect/Engineer/Consultant to handle day-to-day operations. Job duties include staff management, budgets, proposals, and project coordination with VP of Consulting and Controller. Must have high degree of skill in project management, client relations, and employee management. Requirements: Minimum of 5-10 years experience in commercial construction or consulting; Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field; strong communication and computer skills required; Architect or Engineer certification a plus.
• Educates staff on the protocol and methodologies established by the company.
• Coordinates with President/Vice President of Consulting with regard to project status, finances, and technical issues.
• Directs and advises personnel in the performance of their duties within the consulting operations.
• Confers with engineers and/or clients to conduct analyses.
• Solicits work from existing and new clients.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet consulting schedules.
• Recommends measures to improve consulting procedures and use of equipment.
• Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Maintains time and testing records.
• Writes proposals for consulting services.
• Develops project plans, including: developing and maintaining schedule, tracking hours, and dollars from proposal through end of project. Ensures that the client/property manager/building engineer maintains an understanding of the project and its status.
• Provides and communicates, in a timely manner, written correspondence related to project (field notes, status reports, faxes) to clients, team members, and other contacts affected by the project.
• Prioritizes and measures impact of key points of project to determine duties which can be delegated to others and those which must be completed personally. Delegates appropriate duties and follows up to ensure completion.
• Using time wisely, conducts weekly project meetings to keep team members informed, set goals, and monitor progress of projects.
• Establishes controls and performs validity checks with team members to ensure accuracy of work.
• Within project team, develops team atmosphere, encourages team spirit, motivates team members, and resolves conflicts effectively.
• Mentors staff on various issues.
• Resolves conflicts of staff.
• Develops and maintains relationships with external contacts in order to recommend decisions on the best quality services/work at the lowest market prices.
• Develops necessary technical knowledge to assure successful completion of project.
• Prepares and makes necessary presentations on projects.
• Travels to out-of-town projects to assist in duties as assigned.
• Assists consulting staff in team duties as required.
• Creates a variety of documentation, including: reports, specifications, proposals, statistical reports, and correspondence, from either written or oral instructions.
• Evaluates office production, revises procedures, or devises new forms to improve efficiency of work flow.
• (5-10) years experience in commercial construction or consulting administration, construction project management, or construction project representation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field.
• Consulting management skills.
• Excellent communication, computer, writing, and technical report preparation skills.
• Ability to work on roofs and building facades from swing stage equipment.
• Knowledge of hand-generated and/or AutoCAD details.
• Experience with building rehabilitation and waterproofing systems.
• Experience in rehabilitation of deteriorated masonry, reinforced concrete, and steel structures.
• Experience with both invasive and nondestructive testing techniques.
• Experience with coatings, waterproofing membranes, sealers, corrosion inhibitors.
Arch Inc a design and consulting firm driven with emphasizes to teamwork and actively promotes and delivers our network of experts and resources to satisfy clients within the Bahrain and around the world.
Our related expansion with the Southeast market has created the opportunity for strategic placements. Opportunities to excel we are seeking a motivated, achievement-oriented individual who can help us fulfill our commitment to deliver client success on each and every project we undertake.
Senior Structural Engineer:
- The ideal candidate will have specialization in structural engineering and will become an interdisciplinary team member helping in structural/architectural design consisting primarily of high-rise commercial and residential, as well as other public/private vertical structures.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment to make adaptations and modifications.
- Position responsibilities will include the development of engineering designs directly into ArchiCAD, STAAD, AUTOCAD.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
- This challenging position requires strong verbal and written communications skills and a highly organized and responsive candidate capable of working in a diverse team environment.
- Graduate degree in structural engineering and PE is preferred.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5-10 years Structural Engineering experience.
- This position requires the ability to use computer software including structural design software, spreadsheet, word processor, and CAD.
please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .